Sunday, November 17, 2013

First place CrossFit mama




Just yesterday my friend and training partner, Jacki Rodgers (Zangrille), found herself standing on the first place podium at a local CrossFit competition at CrossFit Vise in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Jacki is a wife and mother to two beautiful girls, Kaidyn (age 4) and Kinsley (19 months) and also works full time in early childhood. She is a 8 year CrossFit athlete who puts her health and love of CF as a top priority.

Jacki is a serious competitor but at the same time is very laid back. I asked her "Did you think you had the win the whole time?" She replied, " I knew all week I was competing but I did not want to overthink it. On the drive there I was kinda like, 'It would be cool to win!'" Jacki and many other individuals and teams of all ages and abilities crushed through wods consisting of bar over burpees, deadlifts, weighted overhead walking lunges, snatches, pullups and more. Zangrille ran 2900m in 12:15 and then immediately hit a PR on her 2rm thruster at 130#! Which was surprising to her considering the week before on a typical training day at our home box, CrossFit Artis, she threw up 125#. Did I mention she has two young children, under the age of 4 AND abs?! Jacki says her kids are her driving force. "I want to show my two little girls that it's important to be strong and healthy. And even girls can push the limits of human potential." Wow. What an amazing mother those girls have! As we were texting tonight she gave me some more great advice. "I can be done when my body tells me I'm done, not my mind. I never let my mind win. You just need to train your mind." Jacki is a very humble and outgoing athlete who loves to make friends and push others. During our conversation she talked about another female competitor (second place finisher, Kristina Nash) who hit 145# on the thrusters. "She is strong!" Zangrille said.

I am so proud to call her my friend. Jacki, you are an inspiration to all us CrossFit women!! Keep up your hard work! There are greater things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment