Friday, November 22, 2013

My Journey


Transformation!

The hubby and I


Pregnant with baby number 2

I have been an athlete all of my life, soccer, softball and volleyball was where I excelled. I played collegiate soccer but quit that prematurely to start a family. In 2007 I married my high school sweetheard, an amazing man who loves my body no matter the shape or size. (Women, thank the man if your life for this!)  We are very active with our church and love to hang out with friends and stay busy. A busy schedule and an inactive lifestyle inevitably brings on the pounds. I was about 15-20 heavier than when I was playing sports. And then, shortly after we tied the knot I got pregnant with my first son. I gained 60 lbs and nearly hit 200 lbs at my heaviest. If you sort through my photos you will see a few of me prego. I look as if I could topple forward! My first son weighed in at 9lbs 5oz! So, needless to say, I had a ton of leftover skin, stretch marks galore and many pounds to drop. And wow, was that a shocker! For the first time in my life I realized I needed to lose some weight and go on some sort of eating plan. So I did what everyone thinks is the most efficient and quickest way to lose weight...RUN. I ran a mile or two and did pilates about 5 times a week. Here and there I would do some weight training as well. I was dedicated and dropped about 30 lbs in a matter of a few months. I thank God for the dedication and passion He equipped me with. Without Him I never could've accomplish the weight loss.

I continued this exercise regiment for the next couple years until in 2010 I get pregnant with my second son. It's the same story. I ate everything in sight and gained 60 lb. I was looking huge and ready to lose some weight and feel confident in my skin again. But this time around I needed something different. I hated running and pilates was really boring me. Being an athlete I missed competing and having a challenge. I heard about CrossFit, watched some videos and instantly knew this was for me! I was going to become a CrossFitter! 1 year after giving birth to my second son I worked up the courage and stepped foot inside a CrossFit box and my life was forever changed. The community of CrossFit, the competitive side and the ever changing programming was exactly what I was looking for. I am stronger than ever, look and feel better than I ever imagined. My high school and college days can't even compare to the new me! My confidence is through the roof! There is absolutely nothing that is impossible for me. That has got to be one of the best things about the sport. You accomplish things you absolutely never, ever thought were possible. Every day is a challenge but if you go in with a positive outlook and give it your all you can never fail.

My husband and I now CrossFit everyday together. I thank God so much for our gym, our amazing coaches and the community of people we have at CrossFit Artis. We bring our two boys with us and amongst their playing with the other CrossFit kids they watch as mommy and daddy do pullups, climb ropes, run sprints, throw barbells over our heads and more. We often hear them shout, "GO MAMA! GO DADDY!" That's why we CrossFit.

Starting this blog has been one of the best decisions of my life! It is so amazing to see the people I have encouraged and motivated. Seeing them change their life and become healthier is what keeps me going! It is humbling and I think God for this opportunity to inspire others.

Follow me on my journey as I strive to be bigger, better and stronger and glorify God every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment